Estimated Delivery Date
Our new feature, EDD (Estimated Delivery Date), allows you to provide accurate delivery estimates to your customers. Providing estimated delivery dates drives sales by letting shoppers plan for exactly when an order will appear on the doorstep
A step-by-step guide to help you effectively use EDD:
- Go to the Tracking Page tab in your Omega app.
- Click on the Configuration> Estimated Delivery Date tab.
- Click the "Enable" button to activate EDD for your store.
In the Order Cutoff and Processing Times section, you can customize the following parameters:
Order cutoff time: Specify the time of day after which orders will be processed the following business day.
Let’s imagine you set 6:00 p.m. as your order cutoff time,
- If customers place an order before 6 p.m., e.g. 5 p.m., then you can process the order on the very same day.
- If customers place an order after 6 p.m., e.g. 11 p.m., then you can only process the order on the next day.
Processing time: Determine how many business days are required for order processing and shipping.
Example: If you set the order processing time to 2 days, this is how things will work later on
If a customer places an order on Monday before the cutoff time, you can process it on the very same day. But the rest of the procedure will be performed up to Wednesday. It means the order will be dispatched on Wednesday.
Business days: Set the number of business days your store operates weekly.
Example: If you have set your working days from Monday to Friday, then orders placed on the weekend will only be processed on the upcoming Monday.
After adjusting the parameters to your preferences, click the "Save" button to save your changes.
Move on to the Transit Times section. The promised delivery date will be calculated based on these settings. Click on “ Add new rule” to add and set settings for different shipping zones, shipping methods, and transit times. This lets you set the countries, regions, or states so that estimated delivery dates can be calculated for your shipments.
Shipping zones: Define the countries, regions, or states where orders can be shipped to.
You can set up multiple shipping zones under one organization.
For every shipping zone, you can set up multiple transit times based on different shipping methods.
Transit times & shipping method: This setting will let you set the estimated shipping time for an order based on the configured shipping zone and method.
- Shipping method:
- If you choose “any shipping method”, the same transit time will be calculated for all couriers.
- If you want to set specific transit times for each carrier, you can choose from a list of carriers and specify the transit time for each shipping zone.
- Transit times: Enter the number of business days required for delivery.
If you want shoppers to see the exact delivery date (Eg: 1st July) after making a purchase, set a Single date by selecting transit time from 2-2 or 5-5…
If you want shoppers to see the timeframe (1st - 3rd July) in which they can expect their order, set a date range.
If you select the "Rest of World" shipping zone, you can specify transit times for all countries outside your predefined shipping zones.
Click on “Update rule” to Save Transit Time Rules.
EDD will be automatically calculated based on the parameters and transit times you have set.
Let's say a customer places an order on Monday, July 1st at 10:00 am for delivery to the United States via USP. Here's how the EDD is calculated:
- Order date: July 1st, 2023
- Order cutoff time: Same-day processing (no cutoff since the order was placed before 6 pm)
- Processing time: 0 days (same-day processing)
- Business days: Monday to Friday
- Transit time: 1 - 2 days
- EDD: July 1st, 2023 + 0 days (same-day processing) + 1-2 days transit time = July 2nd-3rd, 2023
The estimated delivery date for this order would be between July 2nd and 3rd, 2023.
Displaying EDD to Customers
Your customers will see the estimated delivery date on the tracking page.
View the instructional video below to know how to set it up.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact our live chat support team.